Social media and Twitter in particular, has become a huge part of the online world today. All the clubs have a Twitter account to make it easier for the fans to know about their players and teams’ latest updates and happenings.
Manchester United players are always active on Twitter to interact with the fans, promote their sponsors and voice their opinions.
So, which Manchester United player is the most popular on Twitter?
5. Bastian Schweinsteiger (@BSchweinsteiger) – 2.8million Twitter followers
The former Bayern Munich midfielder likes to interact with teammates on Twitter and post pictures with them.
4. Victor Valdes (@1victorvaldes) – 4.2million Twitter followers
Unpopular with the manager, popoular with the fans. Victor Valdes may not be a Manchester United player for long but the number of his Twitter followers shows that he is still loved by the fans.
3. Juan Mata (@juanmata8) – 4.95million Twitter followers
Juan Mata is one of the most active players on the social media. He likes writing blogs and sharing it with the fans, voicing his opinions on United’s latest matches.
2. David De Gea (@D_DeGea) – 4.96million Twitter followers
1. Wayne Rooney (@WayneRooney) – 12million Twitter followers
No surprises there. The Manchester United captain leads the way on social media as well. Soon to be United’s all time top scorer, Rooney is adored by fans all over the world.