Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has smashed reports of Cristiano Ronaldo moving to Paris Saint-Germain in the near future.
In a press conference after the 4-0 defeat in the Clasico, Perez backed under fire manager Rafael Benitez and also claimed that Ronaldo is not moving to the French champions.
Reports in the media claimed that Perez had dinner with PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi and Ronaldo’s agent Jorge Mendes last week.
“I don’t know if you are capable of being sure that you’re going to still be working where you work in a few weeks’ time,” Perez told reporters.
“I believe sincerely that there are people who lie in order to damage Real Madrid.
“Cristiano Ronaldo has never said anything about anyone. He has never said to me that with Rafa Benitez we aren’t going to win anything.”
Perez added: “The report that I had dinner with PSG president and Jorge Mendes last Thursday in Madrid is not true.
“It was an attempt to destabilise the club. The players support this coach and the board of directors too.
“From this point onwards I am not going to allow people to keep lying in order to destabilise the club.”